THE NEW BIO-BASED FABRICS - ZERO COMPROMISES BETWEEN ENVIRONMENT AND PERFORMANCES
Brugnoli has more than 60 years of experience in the creation and production of elastic knit jersey for swimwear, lingerie, fashion, sports and athleisure. Fabrics with high quality standards reaching important technical performances.
With the launch of Br4, Brugnoli makes a new step forward in the respect of the environment acting both at the raw material level and acting directly on the production process.
To provide the maximum raw material quality and reliability, Brugnoli has turned to the Italian company Fulgar, leader in nylon and covered yarn production. Fulgar has a long-standing commitment to the research and development of innovative products that answer the textile sector's requirements but also - and more significantly - support conservation and improvement of the global ecosystem.
EVO® FOR A NEW WAY OF MAKING FIBER
The raw material chosen for the new Br4 fabrics is the new EVO® fibre designed by Fulgar, the most advanced biological-origin hi-tech materials and fabrics. With 100% biological origins, Fulgar's innovative EVO® fibre boasts properties that include lower specific weight, excellent heat insulation performance, quick-drying, maximum breathability, odor control and bacteriostatic action, providing outstanding comfort, unique performance and intense respect for nature.
ZERO COMPROMISES BETWEEN PERFORMANCES AND ENVIRONMENT
To create the new fabric family Br4, Brugnoli set up a dedicated specific production process (patent pending) that delivers soft, elastic and extremely comfortable technical fabrics, perfect for swimwear, lingerie and sports. At the same time it favorably impacts on the environment: CO2 emissions lowered by at least -20% vs standard process and reduction in water waste.
This is on top to what Brugnoli and its holding, including the dying mill BLColor, have already put in place in the last 10 years: here following some of the most significant actions:
- Use of looms with energy saving engines, which enable an energy reduction beat least -20% compared the standard process;
- Use of new generation dying machines, in order to lower water and energy consumption, with an average by -30% versus standard process;
- Use of heat exchangers with inverter to further reduce energy consumption;
- Use of photovoltaic systems with a consequent reduction of CO2 emission about by at least -200 tons/year;
- Use of high quality dyeing agents, with respect to the environment;
- Ban of substances considered harmful for the environment such as fluorocarbon, metals, solvents, ecc;
- Use of eco-friendly finishing;
- Caring of green areas within its residential area;
- An now the launch of Br4, bio-based fabrics, with 100% bio-based yarn.